The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Mathematics Research Unit of its Faculty of Sciences, Technology and Communication.
Research Associate (Post-doc) in mathematics (M/F)
- 9 months contract, 40 hours/week
- Ref: OTP R-AGR-0502-10-
- Employee status
- Starting Date: October 1st, 2017 (or later)
Area: Probability Theory and Applications.
We welcome applications from all areas of modern probability theory, with specific emphasis on stochastic geometry (geometry of random fields, and geometric structures arising from random point configurations), limit theorems, concentration of measure and functional inequalities.
For further information, please contact Prof. Giovanni Peccati at the adress
- The candidate will actively take part in the research activities of Prof. Giovanni Peccati’s group, focussing in particular on the stochastic analysis of random geometric structures.
- The candidate will be required to take part and contribute to the working group in probability theory that is regularly held within the mathematics research unit of Luxembourg University, as well as to contribute to the other activities in the department.
- A PhD in Mathematics
- High research potential
- Good written and oral English skills, working knowledge in French and/or German being an advantage
- Some teaching experience will be considered as an advantage
- Ability to conduct independent research activities.
- Membership in a dynamic mathematical institute in a young and growing university
- An exciting international environment
- A competitive salary
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should contain a detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of the PhD diploma, and a motivation letter.
Please apply online by June 3rd, 2017