Senior MS SQL Database Consultant
Senior MS SQL Database Consultant
Be a part of NNIT’s rapid expansion in the Czech Republic and join the winning team. We have a development centre in Olomouc and now we are above 200 employees in our new operations centre in Prague and we plan to be above 300 employees before the end of 2017. The objective is to deliver high quality 24/7 operations and projects to demanding customers.
Your will join our Database Team
The Database Operation department consists globally of 32 operation employees and 18 project employees that are skilled in MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase and DB2 and are offering both operational and consultancy support. As SQL Consultant you are responsible for the optimization of our customers SQL databases. We share knowledge and back each other up in the day-to-day tasks and we strive for continuous development as a team and work place.
The team works closely together with our IT Operations Services division in Denmark, responsible for everything from infrastructure and applications to complete orchestration and support of our customers’ IT solutions. Our work processes are based on best practice and our procedures follow ITIL standards (IT Infrastructure Library).
Your responsibilities as Senior MS SQL consultant
As a Database consultant in NNIT you will be part of our MS SQL project team that handles the database projects and defining stagey for existing more than 1,800 MS SQL installations and 22,000+ user databases. The MS SQL Service Operation team ensures smooth operation of MS SQL databases for web sites, SAP, Axapta, SharePoint and many other applications.
• Designing and implementation MS SQL High availability solution Microsoft SQL server clustering, Replication, Mirroring, AlwaysOn Availability Groups
• Designing, implementing and managing Microsoft SQL Server systems,
• Migrating from old infrastructures to new ones (SQL Server 2005/2008/2012)
• Business Continuity Planning
• Involved in consolidation, automation and performance optimization
• Documentation of operations and services
• Provide guidance and counselling
• Creating Strategic alignment of own service area together with Service Owner, Tech office and other Service Architects.
• Develop and maintain short-term and long-term (1-3 yrs) Service Roadmap
• Creating and maintaining a Main Vendor Product Strategy (including components that the service is dependent on)
Development and improvement of Service:
• Challenging own service – working with how to improve, or catching mishaps before they evolve
• Advise and recommend on new technologies, services and methods which can improve the business and IT operation of the service or reduce cost of IT operation
• Proactive retrieving knowledge within service area
• Adjustment of service to market/customer needs.
• Unifies multiple concepts and defines new directions or crucial improvements of service
• Planning and adequate communication of new MAJOR releases, including assessment of impact on applications that use this service
• Planning and managing new releases of service including the necessary validation activities
• Approval of Project Designs if different from standard services (Peer Review)
• Creating Business Case for Service (cost of HW, SW, Education, Operation)
• Patch Level Strategy / Decision
• Business Case for Service (cost of HW, SW, Education, Operation)
• Design reporting concept
• Advice knowledge/training needs of Service and Service changes to Projects, GOS, Solution Architects, Operation Architects(SDMs)
You will be thoroughly acquainted with the job through an introduction course, where you will learn about our working methods and processes.
Your qualifications and experience
You have a business-oriented approach to communication and a problem-solving attitude. You have strong analytical skills as well as a structured positive way of thinking. We expect you to have worked a least 8+ years as SQL DBA. You speak and write fluent English. We emphasize professional and personal development and therefore we expect you to be outgoing, eager to share knowledge and experience, and that you enjoy the trust and respect of customers and colleagues.
We offer an attractive salary package according to your experience and seniority. Your dedication and results are additionally rewarded with personal performance bonuses.
We also offer you:
The opportunity to work in a multicultural company
Friendly and dynamic work environment
Educational courses & training
Opportunities to learn and grow within a company or in other areas like soft skills, leadership, etc.
Holidays 5 weeks
MultiSport card enabling free entry to over 250 sport facilities in Prague
Flexible start/end of working hours
Occasional work from home
Foreign business trips
Language courses of Czech for foreigners
Fresh fruit and tea/coffee in the office
Corporate Events (Friday breakfasts, Friday bars, Kick-off party, Summer party)
Make your mark on a fast growing IT company
NNIT is a fast growing IT company with ambitious goals and 2,600 employees globally. At NNIT, you can make your mark on some of the most challenging projects in the industry, on our journey forward as a company, and on your own career.
You’ll work in agile teams with other passionate people in a culture with room for independent thinking and individual responsibility.
We supply IT services to large enterprises that demand high levels of quality and service, and we take responsibility for our clients’ IT as if it was our own. We live our values every day, so you should be able to see yourself in them. We are: Conscience driven. Value adding. Open and honest.
In 2015 we hired 530 new employees worldwide, and we are always looking for sharp, energetic IT professionals to join us at our headquarters and offices in Denmark and at our affiliates in Europe, Asia and the U.S.
Application deadline 31-03-2017
IT ADVISORY, DEVELOPMENT & OUTSOURCING
NNIT is a fast-growing IT company with ambitious goals. We supply IT services to large enterprises, the public sector and the life science industry - customers that demand high levels of quality and security.
At NNIT, you can make your mark on some of the most challenging projects in the IT industry, on our journey forward as a company, and on your own career.
We take on the responsibility for our clients' IT as if it were our own, and we live our values every day, so you should be able to see yourself in them. We are: Conscience driven. Value adding. Open and honest.
We regard diversity as a strength and support equal opportunities for all. We encourage applications from people of all ages, genders, religions and ethnic backgrounds.
IT advisory, development and operations with a strong focus on life sciences, finance, the public sector and large enterprises with equally high demands on quality and security.
Hvordan forbereder nyuddannede sig bedst til en jobsamtale?
Vær realistisk i din tilgang til opgaver, løn og muligheder. Vis de sider af dig, som er nødvendige for at få gang i karrieren: fx udadvendthed, virketrang, lyst til udfordringer og forandring.