We are looking for interns year-round who want to focus on service management, events and tourism while helping run and develop a new vibrant café, hostel and NGO-house in Copenhagen with exciting partners and guests from all over the world.
You become part of the Globalhagen team, which together with 150 volunteers hosts around 200 events. Furthermore, we have about 20.000 visitors a year in our café, hostel and conference facilities. The NGO-house both hosts 15 organizations as well as meetings and conferences for other organizations. The three units work together as a team and divide the responsibilities according to interest, qualification and development goals.
Learning, Responsibility and Tasks as an Intern
The internship can be centered around one or more of these main areas:
1. Café and hostel administration:
You will be part of the daily café and hostel-team, who works with everything around booking, guests, and activities in our cafe and hostel.
2. Service management:
Help manage the cafe, hostel, and meeting and conferences-facilities. This also involves housekeeping supervision and actual cleaning once in a while
3. Volunteer coordination:
You will cooperate with Globalhagen´s many volunteers and be coordinator on certain groups involving for example daily management, events and PR
4. Communication and campaigns:
You will get the opportunity to help produce, update and develop our online channels (website, facebook-page and external booking profile)
5. Innovation and development of new projects:
Our activities are constantly changing and you can be part of the process of develop, fundraise and work with the new projects
In your application, please write which area you would like as your main area during your internship.
It is important to us that you as an intern learn as much as possible. You will get the opportunity to have independent responsibilities with relevant support from the senior team members. You will also regularly meet with your intern supervisor, so we together can make sure that your learning will be as valuable and focused as possible.
You are studying a relevant education and it is a plus if you:
- Are outgoing with an interests in meeting and talking to a lot of people from both Action Aid Denmark and many other organizations
- Have experience with organizing and coordinating events
- Have experience working with volunteers
- Have an interest in creating dialogue and activity in an environment with special focus on young people, education and social change
- Have the drive to be part of a social business, and help create proceeds that goes to the fight against poverty
You will be an important player in the Globalhagen team of 10 persons, consisting of permanent staff, student helpers and interns who together manage the Globalhagen activities together with our fantastic volunteers.
- An unpaid internship with 30-37 hours per week
- Be part of a project you can influence and form
- A broad international network of committed colleagues and employees
- A dynamic work environment affected by many different tasks and cooperation with open communication and possibility for coaching, academic and personal development and affect your own responsibilities and Action Aid future.
- A dedicated and informal tone filled with humor, coaching approval and open and constructive criticism
- Flexible working hours, to create a balance between private- and work-life
- A shared lunch arrangement
For further information please contact Globalhagen HR: .
To apply please use the link below.
Read more about the Globalhagen activities:
It is a federation of people from over 40 countries that collaborate on strengthening human rights and eradicating poverty. All profits go to Action Aid Denmark’s projects and partners in Africa, The Middle East, Asia and Latin America.