International Graduate supporting commercial development and asset management
Do you want to start your career with exciting challenges and take part in transforming the energy supply of the future by developing and enabling green, independent and economically viable energy systems?
Become a DONG Energy graduate and kick-start your career on 1 September 2017 by applying your academic skills to real-life projects and challenges while optimising your professional and personal competences.
Join us as graduate in Commercial Management where you will learn about the commercial development of DONG Energy’s early-stage offshore wind projects and pipeline opportunities across markets.
In Wind Power, we build, develop and operate wind farms in Northern Europe to produce cleaner, more reliable energy without compromising on the safety of our employees or the environment. We are responsible for more than a third of the world’s offshore wind capacity, and we will be able to supply clean power to 16 million Europeans by 2020.
As an international graduate, you will be based at our office in Gentofte, Denmark in the first year (first rotation) and at our London office in the UK in the second year (second rotation). In addition, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
The graduate programme
As a graduate, you will be part of a structured two-year training programme that will make a difference in your future career. Moreover, you will acquire extensive practical experience and business insight, while expanding your toolbox and accelerating your personal development.
During the graduate programme, you will be assigned to a business unit or a staff function in our international company. You will have the opportunity to rotate within different departments in the business and have different tasks and responsibilities during your rotations. Moreover, you will have the chance to utilise your professional competences on specific tasks and at the same time build up a wide network across the organisation. You will also learn about our business and strategy, while strengthening your problem-solving and team-working skills, your personal competences and your ability to handle changes.
Your key tasks will be to
- support commercial development of an offshore wind development project, including commercial agreements and internal project recommendations
- support strategic review and assessment of commercial opportunities in new markets
- identify areas of improvement across the commercial management processes and interfaces with other departments
- support the management of our portfolio of assets under construction or in operation.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have graduated with a master's degree within finance, economics, business administration or law within the past year and have delivered excellent results
- speak and write English fluently and advantageously also Danish and other languages
- are keen to develop within an ambitious and dynamic organisation and have a strong personal drive and a high learning capacity
- are a confident communicator, capable of building relationships and developing trust with internal and external stakeholders
- have a strong analytical approach and enjoy taking responsibility
- have the ability to adapt yourself to an ever-changing environment and enjoy meeting and working with new people.
As a graduate, you will be testing your theoretical competences in practice and accelerating your development within a short timeframe. The majority of your professional development will take place on a daily basis, when solving assignments together with experienced colleagues. In addition, you will regularly meet the other graduates when you solve challenges or receive training, which gives you a valuable network across the organisation.
Energy is not only our product – it is what characterises your work life at DONG Energy. By working on exciting tasks with other leading experts in a collaborative environment, you have the opportunity to leave your mark on the future of energy, as we pursue our vision of leading the energy transformation.
Send your application with your CV and latest grade transcripts to us as soon as possible and no later than 22 January 2017. Please note that you must apply for each position separately.
You can read more about the graduate programme here.
Please note that questions about this specific graduate position should be addressed to Magnus Brogaard Larsen, Head of Commercial Management in DONG Energy Wind Power, by telephone on +45 99 55 55 57.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Gentofte and London