Specialist - Nacelle rear structure
Life is too short for a boring job! Do you want an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer? In this position you will have the opportunity to put your fingerprint on the future designs
Mechanical Engineering > Nacelle Engineering > Nacelle Rear StructurePower Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
Nacelle Rear Structure is a part of the Vestas Power Solutions. We have sites in both Denmark, Portugal and India. The department is responsible for the design and integrity of the nacelle rear structure.
The rear structure is a vital part of the Nacelle and must be designed to carry all of the heavy components and support systems inside the Nacelle. We are responsible for design and analysis from the early concept study for new turbines to the final specification for production.
ResponsibilitiesIn Nacelle Rear Structure, you will, as Lead Engineer be accountable for technical execution of development projects. Technical responsibilities include:
- Design of steel structures including fatigue and extreme assessment
- Conduction and guidance of structural analysis using FE tools, preferably Ansys
- Structural verification of bolt connections and weldments, according to design standards such as Eurocode
- Securing 3rd party certification
- Your tasks can vary from complex development of new systems and concepts to implementation of improvements of existing products. You will be working in project teams supporting delivery on time, right quality, and knowledge sharing and ensuring a pipeline of new technologies.
- Mechanical Engineer MSc
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Experienced in FE, weldments and structural design
- Experience on materials and its properties
- Experience in fatigue assessment
- Knowledge about test setup and data processing
- Ability to take technical leadership and understand the business and value chain.
- Comfortable with taking decisions and being responsible for these
- High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines
- Focus on the project scope and able to understand the impact a scope change will have on the project
- Process oriented and structured in the way you work
- Self-driven, but also a strong team player and motivator
- Flair for and interest in stakeholder management including coordination, planning and reporting
You should be able to identify yourself with our values:
- Proactive mindset
- Be passionate
- Envision and live the Vestas brand
What we offerWe offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment. You will face a challenging workday where you will drive various projects.
Additional informationWork location is Aarhus, Denmark. Up to 30 days travel per year can be expected.
For additional information on the position, please contact Specialist, Kristoffer Isbak Thomsen at 45 4161 6491
About Vestas Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 82 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 71 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,800 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.