Project Manager for Defence Operations Finland
Are you an ambitious and experienced project manager with proven results in external customer projects? Are you interested in developing our defence business in Finland and the Baltic countries? Then the position as Project Manager in our Defence Operations Finland is something for you.
As our new Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering on agreed scope, time and quality in a highly customer-oriented environment. You will also have the overall responsibility of the day-to-day execution of our defence projects in Finland and the Baltic countries. You will lead a team of highly skilled consultants and be responsible for their personal and professional growth. In addition to this, you will work closely with our customers and conduct technical and sales-related work in close cooperation with our sales team. You have many different tasks and a high degree of freedom to plan your own work.
You should apply for this job if you:
- Want to secure the delivery our software projects in Finland and the Baltic countries
- Want to coordinate activities between your own team, Systematic headquarters and the customer
- Want to work together with our account manager in sales activities, such as ensuring technical support, material, etc. for workshops, sales meetings and proposal writings
- Are passionate about being People Manager for team members, including contributing to Systematic’s people review and competency development processes
- Working on projects together with our customers to secure the integration, configuration and implementation of our products and solutions into the customers technical environment
You are interested in working with the following key project areas: C4I systems (incl. SitaWare), SCRUM, ITIL, sub-contractor management and service delivery. You will also build and maintain high customer and employee satisfaction and ensure profitable execution in delivery of services. You will focus on relevant KPIs, such as order intake, revenue, EBIT, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and employee competence match.
Your skills and personality
We expect that you:
- Have IT-related qualifications comparable to PMI/PMP, Prince2 or IPMA level B/C
- Have some years of experience as a Project Manager and proven results running complex IT projects in a busy environment
- Can manage a highly complex and agile project together with the customer and sub-contractor
- Are skilled in combining business insight with IT knowledge to create value for the customer
- Are outgoing, trustworthy and able to inspire both the customer’s end-users and senior management
- Are proactive and eager to make a difference
- Can achieve results with both service delivery and software development
- Possess leadership experience and have the ability to coach and motivate others inside and outside own organisation
- Have a proven ability to deliver on cost, schedule and quality
- Military knowledge or experience is an advantage but not a requirement
- ITIL certification is also an advantage
You are ambitious, and you set the bar high. You have the will and the ability to continuously develop yourself and, as a team player, contribute to the continuous development of both the team and the company. You have a positive attitude, and you are committed, flexible and diplomatic. You have a natural ability to build bridge between our office in Finland and headquarters in Aarhus.
Finally, you speak Finnish as a native and you are fluent in English, furthermore you are a NATO citizen capable of qualifying for security clearance up to NATO Secret.
Our IT solutions make it simpler for the users to make critical decisions. In the defence and healthcare sectors, critical decisions often concern matters of life and death. In both the private and the public sector, our solutions must handle large amounts of data, e.g. in the library sector with more than 50 million yearly loans. To be able to continue the development of solutions that customers trust, we continuously challenge each other, our work processes and technologies. We have a highly pro-active education and training policy with defined career paths and internal pro-active Knowledge Networks.
We stay constantly focused on making everything better. Our unique combination of strong principles from CMMI and the best aspects of LEAN and Scrum enable us to develop reliable, high-quality solutions for our customers and to deliver them to the agreed price and deadline. We work in teams, and some of our teams include well-integrated insourced developers.
We prioritise a sensible balance between work and private life, and our agile approach provides you with an excellent opportunity of being able to plan your own tasks and working hours to a great extent. We value social cohesion at the workplace and have a very active staff association.
Because we also work with security classified projects, all Systematic personnel must have security clearance. Learn more at http://systematic.com/clearance.
Questions and application procedure
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Program Manager, Gauri Varma Heise at + 45 89 43 20 00.
Application deadline: Please send us your application as soon as possible as interviews will commence shortly.
Workplace: Tampere, Finland. Expect to use 40% of your working time away on travel.
Commencement: By appointment
You are welcome to apply for this position in English.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Systematic A/S, established in 1985, develops software and system solutions to customers in both the public and private sector. Today, the company is the largest privately owned software company in Denmark with solutions sold to customers in 50+ countries. More than 500,000 people worldwide use Systematic’s products. The company has 650+ employees and is headquartered in Aarhus with offices in Copenhagen, Germany, USA, UK, France, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Finland and Sweden. Systematic A/S has customers within healthcare, defence, the library and learning sector, law enforcement, the public sector, finance and service industries. A common feature of these customers is a need to integrate, compare and analyse large volumes of complex data, and to generate an overview that allows critical decision-making based on a solid foundation.