- Deadline: 2017-07-29
- Location: Brookshire, Texas, United States
- Employment type: Regular
- Hierarchy level: Entry Level - Starter (basic experience)
- Job category: Engineering
The CAD Drafter provides support to project and manufacturing engineering by creating, modifying or revising drawings and documentation associated with large scale engineered fluid handling package systems in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, modify and revise complex drawings, documents, schematics and/or mechanical drawings to support project managers and manufacturing.
- Complete change requests during the life of the project.
- Develop project approval documentation for the project based on input from the Project Manager, CAD Designer and Electrical Designer; Review, correct and return project documentation.
- Assist with the preparation, development, gathering and compiling of final documentation to handover to the customer.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy; Ability to work effectively under pressure, problem solving
- Proficient using various types of drawing applications (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, Catia)
- Familiar with complex drawings such as but not limited to structural shapes, piping, instrument diagrams, general arrangement drawing, electrical schematics
- Proficient using Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes, Intranet/Internet Navigation
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Computer-Aided Drafting and some experience.
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer